Monday, May 6, 2013

Balance is Achievable through Christ

Yesterday, I stumbled upon the scripture, Moroni 7: 20-22. It says:

20 And now, my brethren, how is it possible that ye can lay hold upon every good thing?
21 And now I come to that faith, of which I said I would speak; and I will tell you the way whereby ye may lay hold on every good thing.
22 For behold, God knowing all things, being from everlasting to everlasting, behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing.

I know that Christ was speaking to me through these scriptures, and I heard the message that he was trying to give to me. In my scriptures, next to these verses, I wrote the word "balance". To me, that is a huge goal in my life. I want to be able to handle many different important things and do that successfully. I like that Mormon questions how it is possible to have every good thing. I interpret this, for my life as meaning, how can I possibly achieve all of the worthy goals that I have? Like obtaining an education, getting married in the temple, and raising children with the gospel in the home. At times, all of these goals, among others, can seem daunting, and you may feel like you can't do it all. 

He then goes on to say "...in Christ there should come every good thing". How profound is that? There is the one simple answer: Christ. He is the way that we can achieve every good thing that we desire. I testify that if you turn to Christ, you may be able to achieve all of the worthy goals that you have... and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment